FHS College Search Timeline
At FHS we have prepared you in many ways to begin your college search. Consider the following steps.
- Register on Naviance and begin your resume in “My Resume”
- Take the Ready Step test in October
- Continue to update your resume
- Take the PSAT test (preliminary SAT) in October
- Complete “Strength Explorer” on Naviance
- Discuss your career interest and personality inventory with your Counselor
- Take the PSAT (preliminary SAT) in October
- Start your college admission testing in the Spring: SAT or ACT
- Attend PSAT Interpretation Night
- Revisit the results of “Strength Explorer” in Naviance
- Investigate the college majors associated with your interest areas
- Investigate colleges that offer the college majors in our interest area
By clicking on any “Field of Study/Major”,
Naviance will produce a list of colleges that offer that major.
You can then narrow the list geographically.
You never know what “gem” of a college you will find on that list.