Sophomore Year Calendar
- Update your Naviance account with an email you check periodically. Make sure you create a professional email. Naviance will a tool to help you explore careers, colleges/universities, scholarships and important communication from counselors.
- Utilize other resources available to you such as Aeries Portal and Haiku. Aeries will serve as a tool to monitor your grades.
- Check with your counselor to ensure you are taking A-G courses and on track for graduation.
- If you are planning to play Div 1 or Div 2 sports in college, review the NCAA requirements: NCAA Eligibility Center Quick Reference
- Back To School Night: Remind your Parents!
- Get involved in clubs: Foothill Clubs
- Attend a Virtual College Fair this fall – Visit the link: https://www.nacacfairs.org/attend/attend-virtual-college-fairs/students/
- Attend the TUSD College and Career Night at Tustin High School at 7:00 pm on November 7th.
- Increase your commitment to extra- curricular activities so you will stand out on your college applications.
- Attend Report Card Night in the FHS Gym.
- Maintain your GPA and get involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Attend Scores Back Night on January 22, 6:30pm with your parents to review and understand your PSAT results.
- Complete “Strength Explorer” on NAVIANCE during your Sophomore CCR lesson. Click on tab: “ABOUT ME” then click on “PERSONALITY TYPE”.
- Research colleges that you’re interested in either NAVIANCE or College board Big Future. College Board Big Future
- If there is a career or field that interests you, find someone who works in the business and ask if you can shadow them for a day or two.
- Get Organized: You will begin receiving email from colleges. Keep your information in a file box or digital folder. Keep all your test scores in a folder.
- Study for Finals!
- Create a California State University (CSU Mentor) account. 1st semester grades are completed and students can input those grades into their profile. CSU Mentor
- Fill out your course selection sheet for next semester. Make sure you signed up for A-G courses.
- Complete your Personality/Do As You Are Survey on Naviance.
- Meet with your Counselor and turn in your course selection sheet.
- Be sure to discuss registering for Honors and/or AP (Advanced Placement) courses next year. Advanced Placement courses grant college credit for exams taken in high school.
April – May
- Start or continue your family college discussion: What, Where, How?
- Consider participating in a summer program.
- Study for Finals and finish the year strong!